Cast Iron Bread Pan for Baking Regular Size Sourdough
The Brisbane Sourdough REGULAR is the perfect size pan if you bake around 300-350g worth of flour in the bread.
How The Brisbane Sourdough Pan helps you bake better Sourdough Bread:
- SHALLOW BASE: Unlike most enameled pans, slow cookers or dutch ovens, the shallow base of the pan makes it easy for the baker to place dough into the pan without the risk of spilling or getting burnt from the sides of the pan.
- OPTIMAL STEAM: The pan’s lid ensures your bread is baked with optimal steam to get that perfect result. There is no need to add extra water or lava rock because the moisture from the dough is trapped around the loaf while baking. Some of our customer reviewers couldn’t believe the rise they got from their bread in our pans.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: The strategically designed handles, ensure easy and safe opening / closing of the lid, plus movement to and from the oven.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SHAPES OF SOURDOUGH: The depth and width of the pan lid allows the dough to expand perfectly during baking. This makes it suited to all sizes and shapes of sourdough. The Max Pan is especially suited to larger or longer loaves.
- PRE-SEASONED: The pan is seasoned with vegetable oil to prevent it from rusting.
BEFORE FIRST USE:
Before you use pan for the first time, make sure you do the following:
- Rinse with water (with a small amount of detergent)
- Dry completely
- Pan is already pre-seasoned, so start using once dry
For the best care and maintenance of your cast iron pan, make sure you:
- Don’t store pan when it’s still wet
- Don’t soak pan in the water
- Don’t expose hot pan to cold water
- Don’t use animal based oil or olive oil for seasoning, stick with canola oil or vegetable oil
Before buying your pan, please check that the dimensions below will suit your oven.
EXTERIOR (HANDLES INCLUDED)
- Length: 420mm
- Width: 213mm
- Height: 140mm
- Length: 320mm
- Width: 192mm
- Height: 127mm
- Total: 7.2kg
- Lid: 3.8kg
- Base: 3.4kg
- Iron 90.77%
- Carbon 3.8-5.4%
- Silicon 2.0-2.2%
- Manganese 0.5-0.69%
- Sulfur <0.15%
- Phosphorus 0.51-1.12%