The Brisbane Sourdough Pan Max
Large Cast Iron Bread Pan
The Brisbane Sourdough Pan MAX is the ideal pan for baking large round or long loaves of Sourdough and it still fits in standard to smaller sized ovens! Cast iron pans are naturally heavy but the shape and positioning of the handles on the base and lid of both our Brisbane Sourdough Pans make them more manageable than other options on the market.
“You won’t believe how much rise you get from your bread with this pan.”
Not convinced? Read our reviews.
Large Cast Iron Bread Pan for Baking Larger Loaves
The Brisbane Sourdough Pan - MAX is suitable for larger loaves and different shape loaves that use between 400g and around 600g worth of flour*. (Not including your starter and hydration and other ingredients.) *You may be able to bake a loaf that uses slightly more flour depending on the recipe.
How The Brisbane Sourdough Pan helps you bake better Sourdough Bread:
- SHALLOW BASE: Unlike most enameled pans, slow cookers or dutch ovens, the shallow base of the pan makes it easy for the baker to place dough into the pan without the risk of spilling or getting burnt from the sides of the pan.
- OPTIMAL STEAM: The pan's lid ensures your bread is baked with optimal steam to get that perfect result. There is no need to add extra water or lava rock because the moisture from the dough is trapped around the loaf while baking. Some of our customer reviewers couldn’t believe the rise they got from their bread in our pans.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: The strategically designed handles, ensure easy and safe opening / closing of the lid, plus movement to and from the oven.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SHAPES OF SOURDOUGH: The depth and width of the lid allows the dough to expand perfectly during baking. This makes it suited to all sizes and shapes of sourdough. The Max Pan is especially suited to larger or longer loaves.
- PRE-SEASONED: The Brisbane Sourdough Pan is seasoned with vegetable oil to prevent it from rusting.
BEFORE FIRST USE:
Before you use The Brisbane Sourdough Pan for the first time, make sure you do the following:
- Rinse with water (with a small amount of detergent)
- Dry completely
- Pan is already pre-seasoned, so start using once dry
For the best care and maintenance of your cast iron pan, make sure you:
- Don’t store pan when it’s still wet
- Don’t soak pan in the water
- Don’t expose hot pan to cold water
- Don’t use animal based oil or olive oil for seasoning, stick with canola oil or vegetable oil
Before buying your pan, please check that the dimensions below will suit your oven.
EXTERIOR (HANDLES INCLUDED)
- Length 390 mm
- Width: 265 mm
- Height: 137 mm
INTERIOR (HANDLES INCLUDED)
- Length: 310 mm
- Width: 240 mm
- Height: 125 mm
- Total: 9.4 kg
- Lid: 5.4 kg
- Base: 4.0 kg
- Iron 90.77%
- Carbon 3.8-5.4%
- Silicon 2.0-2.2%
- Manganese 0.5-0.69%
- Sulfur <0.15%
- Phosphorus 0.51-1.12%
|Dimensions||39 × 26.5 × 13.7 cm|