4 STEPS TO CARE FOR YOUR BRISBANE SOURDOUGH PAN:
1. Wash the pan and lid with hot water and a stiff brush (Detergent optional).
2. Rinse and dry.
3. Heat on the stove to ensure the pan is completely dry.
4. Apply a very thin, even coating of canola or vegetable oil to the inside and outside of the pan.
TO RE-SEASON YOUR BRISBANE SOURDOUGH PAN:
To re-season, scrub your dull or rusted pan and lid, repeat steps 1-4 above, and then finish with the following steps. Repeat as necessary until your pan and lid is seasoned to your liking.
1. Set oven temperature to 175°C- 200°C
2. Place pan and lid upside down on the top rack of the oven to prevent pooling.
3. Bake the pan and lid for at least one hour. After an hour, turn the oven off and let the pan and lid cool in the oven
4. Store the pan and lid uncovered in a dry place. Repeat these steps as necessary until your pan and lid is seasoned to your liking.